Sweet Tweets

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

What Your Ears Will Beg You For...

A few weeks ago I was able to see Matt Nathanson live at the Center Stage here in Atlanta. And he was fantastic. He is a great live artist with a ton of funny commentary and you can tell that he loves interacting with the crowd.

A bonus for the evening? Other than getting out of a concert without a single beer spilled on me? Discovering another great artist.

I rarely get to shows early enough to hear the opening act. One exception was Ray LaMontagne when he opened for Guster a few summers ago. This recent evening I was treated to the vocal stylings of Jessie Baylin. Her voice is hard to describe, but it's like honey over a gravel road. (If you can ignore how revolting that would be to taste, you'll get my point) She's not quite country, rock or anything in particular actually. She's definitely not pop and her presence on stage reminded me of a less twitchy Janis Joplin. She is fun, full of smiles and very talented.

I've listened to her latest album and love every song. I think you will too.

----------------
Listening to: Jessie Baylin - Leave Your Mark
via FoxyTunes

0 Remarks: