Sweet Tweets

Thursday, December 08, 2005

The Reason for the Sweet, Southern Side of Things

I have been introduced to so many other interesting blogs, and have been so impressed with the creativity of other people's blog names, that when it comes to writing entries on "Sweet Southern Life," I now feel like I need to be including things of a "southern" nature in every entry.

I didn't feel this pressure until my blogger friends put up links to my blog...where others have cool titles, or just go by their names, I have the "southern life" descriptor often included. So, to justify, it is not that I feel that I am an example of a gracious southern life, or that my life is all things southern, but more that I simply love living here.

I have spent most of my life in the Atlanta area, but a good portion up in the northeast, and a short stint in blustery Chicago, as a result of my father's company transfers.

So, in a sense, I have an even better appreciation for the mild weather, soft twangy accents, obsessions with college football, pecan pie, sweet tea, shrimp and grits, pine trees, cheese straws, a church on every corner, pulled pork bbq, repeats of Gone with the Wind playing back to back on TBS, small towns filled with pickup trucks, roadside peach and pecan stands and that famous hospitality.

So, while my blog and its entries may not be all things southern and sweet all the time, it is definitely shaped by my living in the South and my appreciation for how sweet that life can be around here.

----------------
Listening to: Ray Charles & The Count Basie Orchestra - Georgia On My Mind
via FoxyTunes

0 Remarks: