Sweet Tweets

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

And the decision is...

The polling has come to a close!

No, not the polls that you are thinking of, (though the mainstream media would like you to think they are, but that rabbit trail is for another day) but the poll concerning the all-important Costume Decision '08!

Only 15 of you decided to cast your vote. Which is interesting since about 40 of you visit my blog every day. Don't worry, I can't tell who are, I just am notified of how many unique visitors I have stopping by. Which means that there are plenty of you lurkers out there, with very few willing to comment, much less vote. Make your individual opinion count people! (I'm not inclined to put smiley faces on my posts, though this is the closest I've come to it yet.)

Regardless, here is how the results panned out:











Seems that going as the "game couple" was the winner, with the impression of the RNC candidate and his wife being the close 2nd. Unfortunately, the one with veto power has determined that going as games that would cause men to touch my dress and women to kiss him is a lose-lose situation. Which I have to agree with when it's put that way. It has also been determined that sporting a bald cap or going gray is suboptimal as well, so even though you poured your hearts into this decision, it looks like we're going in a different direction.

We came up with something pretty fun, but since a picture is worth a thousand words, I'm going to wait until after Halloween to show you what we landed on for Costume Decision '08.

Until then...happy Trick or Treating this weekend!

----------------
Listening to: The Bonzo Dog Band - Monster Mash
via FoxyTunes

2 Remarks:

Lindsay Adams said...

I can't wait to see what you chose and what you looked like!

Sandy said...

Melissa, I have the PERFECT idea for you. Email me at shbroome@yahoo.com so that I'll have your correct email address and I'll shoot the idea your way.

I honestly cannot think of one costume that would be more suitable and you might just love my idea. It wasn't one of your poll choices, but it's a goodie! Halloween Hugs! :)