Sweet Tweets

Friday, October 13, 2006

Autumn is...

"Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower."
- Albert Camus

My favorite time of year, fall. Where a drive under the full moon with the top down and the music turned up is a perfect night. It's walking in the park and watching the leaves fall like snowflakes. Leaving the windows open and snuggling under a down blanket. Catching the first hint of my favorite perfume, leaves burning. Eating pumpkin bread and drinking hot apple cider. Going to Clemson football games in Death Valley, tailgating all day, playing on Bowman field and cheering on our Tigers. Frosty mornings and chilly nights. Long conversations over coffee and candlelight at Cafe Intermezzo. Days growing shorter and pulling out favorite sweaters. Watching the sunset from Cemetary Hill. Getting lost in a corn maze. Planting brightly-colored pansies. Eating candy corn and carving pumpkins. Taking that first refreshing breath of crisp air when you go outside. Breathtaking displays of a loving Father's awesome design and beautiful creation. Autumn is perfection to me.

"Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns."
- George Eliot

1 Remarks:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more! Autumn is by far the best out of all four seasons. Miss you girl. I wish we lived closer so we could enjoy the fall together.