Sweet Tweets

Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Why the "Disconnect?"

You may have noticed that I'm naming my posts concerning wedding stuff - "The Wedding Disconnect: yadda yadda yadda"

And I've been questioned as to why that is. I have found that there is a serious break between reality and the wedding world. You may even call is a psychotic break. No, not that I've suffered one...yet...rather that you can get completely sucked into the vortex of planning, over-researching things like monogrammed bags of candies, and thinking that it's completely normal to spend on a one-day event what you could plunk down to drive off the lot with a seriously nice car. Most of the time, I find this break and disconnect with the normal world funny.

Yes, I think it's funny that we have traditions that include finding out the middle names of all of your friends and family just so that you can put it on an envelope that they will throw away as soon as they receive it. And it's pretty great that it's completely accepted that you will go and pick out your gifts and expect that people will comply with your wishes.

Rest assured, I'm completely connected with the fact that I'm getting married in a little over two months (though while typing that sentence a sense of the surreal washed over me) and can't wait to be Dr. and Mrs!

0 Remarks: