Sweet Tweets

Friday, February 06, 2009

Do You Wear Angora?

The other day I was wearing an angora sweater and informed my companion that I was wearing a rabbit-hair sweater. It was called into question whether angora was indeed from rabbits, or possibly goats.

This led to a googling of angora - and it is indeed made from a very specific type of rabbit hair and produces some of the softest wool around. Though cashmere and the goats have them beat in a contest on softness.

The best part of this google search was finally, FINALLY, having a visual of what an angora rabbit looks like. I don't know how I went 28 years of life on this earth without knowing how to spot an angora rabbit in the wild.

So, here it how to spot one of these creatures - look for the roving dust mop that resembles some kind of vicious ankle-chewing miniature Ewok.

I can't imagine that they can move all that quickly, but I'm thinking that I would hate to be surprised by a gazelle-like speed in this creature.

For some reason, it kind of freaks me out.

----------------
Listening to: Panic! At the Disco - Mad As Rabbits
via FoxyTunes

0 Remarks: