Sweet Tweets

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

As Seen On TV

I'm not one to watch QVC or the Home Shopping Network avidly searching for the perfect sandwich maker to end all of my sandwich-making-woes, or that heart shaped lab-created pink ice pendant that my jewelry collection is missing.

But, occasionally I do pass by these infomercial items at the local Target or Walgreens. While I haven't given in to the urge to get a Snuggie for myself and end my (evidently) frostbitten existence, I did pick up the Green Bags that I have heard make your produce last longer. As someone that doesn't go through mass quantities of food at one time (thank goodness) produce often goes bad before I can eat it all. So, I thought it was worth a try.

And the result?

They work. They actually work.

They are fantastic in fact.

I have had a bag of prepped lettuce in my crisper for over 2 weeks now and made a very fresh and mold-free salad last night. I don't know about you, but mold-free is a plus in my mind. So I would recommend getting them for yourself. Follow the instructions carefully since the produce needs to be dry when placed in the bag or it will rot as if there wasn't a magical green barrier lovingly wrapped around its leafy green goodness.

So, this has me wondering. What other "as seen on TV" products out there actually work and make life better?

I think if I could get past the awful commercials and the black and white comparisons, where people act as if they are on heavy doses of muscle-relaxants and trying to operate everyday items, I might actually be more likely to try them out.

1 Remarks:

Anonymous said...

Hey Lissa~
Check out Living Proof ministry's blog, evidently Beth Moore has the same taste in comfort! jjm