Sweet Tweets

Monday, September 22, 2008

Epicurean Gifts

One of the best things about an s.o. living in another city is getting to discover and experience the delights of that city.

And, if you have read this blog for any length of time, you would know that I love food, love restaurants that serve good food and love being introduced to new (to me) culinary gems that I will want to visit again and again.

Thankfully, my s.o. has a similar appreciation. On a recent trip to D.C. I was treated to an exquisitely wonderful dinner at the 1789 Restaurant in Georgetown. All I knew beforehand was that it was a jacket-required establishment and should plan accordingly. The meal I had was heavenly. From the cold heirloom tomato soup with lump crab meat served in a miniature cup to the unbelievable steak with spinach custard, I was left speechless. Literally. I was so captivated with what was delighting my taste buds that I was likely horrible company.

Finish that with a velvety cheesecake with walnut crust topped with fresh buttered peaches and tart raspberries and it became one of the best meals of my life.

Thank you for the treat Hunt. It was perfect. But if want sparkling conversation you might need to dial down the excellent food next time...

Some other day I'll have to tell you about the filet mignon Eggs Benedict that can be found at Harry's Tap Room for brunch...

----------------
Listening to: Matt Nathanson - Sing Me Sweet
via FoxyTunes

0 Remarks: