Sweet Tweets

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Free Cars for Life?

Is it possible to "act your wage?" I would sure like to think so. Since taking a radical pay cut to go on staff at Buckhead Church (which I am so glad that I did and would do again and again) I've had to take a hard look at my finances and make some significant changes. Thankfully, I'm not alone in that fight, and I've been well provided for.

I haven't yet dived into Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover yet, and it's never a good sign when I feel too guilty about expenditures that I turn the dial when his radio show starts broadcasting. But, it's a lot of common sense and good advice and something that goes against our spend, spend, spend, live on damaged credit culture. Here is a video challenging the mindset that many Americans have that we will always have a car payment. Why? Our grandparents didn't. Our parents likely didn't when they were our age. The concept of living on what you have, saving for a future purchase and not making that purchase until you can pay for it in whole have gone out the window a long time ago. Not radical stuff, just getting back to basics.

0 Remarks: