Sweet Tweets

Monday, January 22, 2007

Decongestants doubling as PCP

Ever have a day, or a series of days in my case, where you are off in la-la land? And I don't mean Los Angeles. I mean space cadet, out to lunch, losing your mind kind of la-la land. This regularly happens when I have recently ingested cold medicine; it has drastic effects on my reasoning, or, heck, just my regular thought processes. Unfortunately, several of you have met me for the first time when I have been hopped up on Sudafed and a lasting first impression is made with my dilated pupils and loopy sentence structure.

Case in point, last week I was suffering from a cold. Now, I had the option of being miserable and generally making the people around me miserable by acting like one big walking germ and sneezing and coughing all over them, OR taking a mind-altering drug like Dayquil. So that my staff wouldn't kill me for getting them sick as well, I opted for the drugs. Bad choice. In short order, I locked my keys in the car and had to wait 2 hours for AAA to come and open it up with an amazing, technology-defying contraption of plastic and string. I then managed to go off to dinner and leave my purse behind with my glasses, license and wallet in it. And no, I wasn't wearing my contacts. Shortly there after, I left my car completely unlocked while I dined, leaving my iPod in plain view and asking to be taken. This is not to mention the several occasions of missteps, general clumsiness, the dropping of several plastic bins on top of my head, misspoken words, irrelevant questions, and forgetfulness.

Doubling as a walking rhino-virus might have been a better option after all.

0 Remarks: