Sweet Tweets

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Losing My Mind

Maybe it's an abundance of sugar coursing through my system what with mint M&Ms and Christmas cookies available at every turn, but I feel like I'm losing my mind lately. Let me tell you why. It has something to do with 4-inch heels, large Target parking lots, tight schedules and a failing memory.

In efforts to cook dinner and make cookies the other night, I had made my credit card wail by stocking up at Super Target off of Pleasant Hill. As I am running while pushing a cart full of 100+ lbs of produce, baking goods and various canned items, (yes, I run in heels, it may not be smart, but sometimes it's necessary) I reach the back of the parking lot and realize my car is nowhere to be seen.

Huh.

Maybe I'm on the wrong aisle, but I DEFINITELY remember having to park all the way at the back of this craze-fest of retail goodness. What ensues is me pushing my cart up and down the aisle, over 10 aisles, then retracing, another 10 aisles in the other direction, all the while desperately putting my key fob in the air and hoping to push "panic" and hear a beacon call from the car alarm. No such luck. I tell you, the range on those things is pathetic.

It finally occurs to me, maybe I am closer in than I recall. In short order, I realize that my shiny black Honda is 4 spots from the front of the store. I have spent the last 20 minutes looking like a lunatic in high heels walking over 50 miles around the continent otherwise known as the Target parking lot.

When I spot my car, something akin to anger washes over me. As if my Honda is some errant puppy or disobedient child that has run away and I have finally found them. I am frustrated that an inanimate object has "hidden" from me. I had the urge to hug it in relief while kicking the tire at the same time.

In the name of all that is good and holy, I am losing my mind.

0 Remarks: