Sweet Tweets

Thursday, January 26, 2006

The Knock Out

There are times that I am reminded of just how fragile my body is...one such time is this week, when I haven't left my apartment except for quick excursions to the grocery store to stock up on Nyquil and chicken soup, when I've had more conversations with my dog than any person and shuffling from my bed to the couch is considered my cardio workout for the day. An interesting side effect of a severe sore throat and cough is losing my voice. Of note: my dog is not by any means threatened by my warnings when I can only whisper "NO!" when she is doing something she knows she shouldn't. As my friends know, I am a talker...to the point that I often tell myself inwardly to "shut up and listen" when I'm in the middle of a conversation. Now I can barely talk and listening is a virtue I've decided...and if there can be anything positive to come out of being knocked down like a rock-em-sock-em robot maybe that realization was it.

0 Remarks: