Sweet Tweets

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Morning Juice

Continuing my thoughts regarding breakfast items, I wanted to share how we have been saving a few dollars and having delicious iced coffee at home.

When we were in D.C., and the temps rose to the 80's in April, it was not optimal to sip steaming hot coffee to start the day. I tried brewing coffee and then chilling it, and that worked somewhat well, but still not quite what I was looking for.

I'm a recent convert to the Pioneer Woman craze and when she posted how to cold brew iced coffee in mass quantities I was all over that like white on rice.

H helped me find a two-gallon container when we made the trek to the closest Container Store which had a convenient spigot for my early morning barista impression. (It was another life-altering reality wake-up call to realize that I've lived 7 minutes from a Container Store in both GA and D.C. and now I definitely don't.)

After loading up on necessary supplies like cheesecloth and a BIG bag of Dunkin' Donuts ground coffee I followed PW's directions and it resulted in awesome iced coffee. And enough of it that I only had to make it about once a week - an even better result in my mind!

0 Remarks: