Sweet Tweets

Thursday, August 18, 2011

DD Heaven

If you are a lover of smooth coffee, yummy glazed doughnuts and drive-thrus...then you should move to Massachusetts!

I knew prior to moving here that Dunkin Donuts was headquartered in MA, but I had no inkling as to how abundant their locations would turn out to be. It has become a bit of a driving game for Hunt and I to spot DD's as we drive...but it turns out that playing a DD version of punch buggy can lead to bruises and claims of spousal abuse.

And while DD can never compete with my love of Krispy Kreme glazed doughnuts and the fact that the "Hot Doughnuts Now" sign draws me in like a tractor beam, it's kinda nice to have easy access to delicious iced coffee and an array of baked goods. (Have I shared yet that I think "Baked Goods" is the 6th and unnamed Love Language?)

A quick search revealed that there are no less than 31 Dunkin Donuts in my immediate 5 mile radius. 31!

I don't think that there is that kind of proliferation of Starbucks even in Seattle! But, considering that I've always preferred DD coffee to Starbucks (to the point that I woke up on our wedding day craving a Spiced Pumpkin coffee and dragged my MOH there that morning) I think I ended up with the better option.

0 Remarks: