Sweet Tweets

Monday, August 15, 2011

35 Years

In this day and age in our broken world it is rare for marriages to survive...much less be happy ones. Today my parents are celebrating 35 years of marriage. They will be the first to tell you that there have been great times, hard times and that their marriage is better than ever now.

What a blessing it has been for me to see them enjoy those great times, fight for their marriage in the hard times, and what it has become as my brother and I have flown the nest and started our own families with our spouses. Their friendship and partnership has grown and changed over the years, and it is a blessing to see them enjoy their marriage more and more as time goes by.

I love you Mom and Dad for the example that you have given Brad and me that Christ being the center of your marriage makes all the difference in the world – and that it is only through His grace and mercy that we can love well decade after decade.

"Grow old along with me! The best is yet to be, the last of life, for which the first was made. Our times are in his hand who saith, 'A whole I planned, youth shows but half; Trust God: See all, nor be afraid!'"
- Robert Browning

0 Remarks: