Sweet Tweets

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Let me count the ways...

It's no secret that I love my job. That making the move to leave corporate America and come on full time staff at a church in Atlanta was one of the best decisions of my life. Being able to wake up every day and look forward to going to work is not something I thought I would ever experience. It's not that I hated my previous jobs...more like they seem to take the best out of me with not much leftover at the end of the day for the things and people I wanted to give my best to.

But, even more so, I love my church. People warned me to not go on staff because being on the "inside" of church world tends to make you jaded and cynical, as well as disillusioned. I didn't want that to happen either. But, I trusted those that are in leadership for our campus and our other campuses, and saw that they wanted to be as excellent on the behind the scenes stuff as they are on Sundays. So, even though I get to see the machinery of a "mega-church" at work, I have only come away with nothing but positives in response.

I love the heart behind what we do. I love how our community and partners around the world are being impacted.

This Thursday night is a night of worship. Since singing is one of my favorite things to do, this is a night that I love. What I love even more is that I can share it with you. We will be broadcasting live from our website:

Buckhead Blog

If you click there now, scroll down a couple of entries, and you will see an interview with our Service Programming Director, Carlos Whittaker, and our campus pastor, Jeff Henderson. They are casting vision for what that night will be about. So many of our international partners are joining us that night, I hope you will too.

----------------
Listening to: Keane - Is It Any Wonder?
via FoxyTunes

0 Remarks: