Sweet Tweets

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Do You Segway?

One of the perks of working a North Point ministries conference is all the great partners that show up with their displays and toys. Especially their automotive toys. Even better, personal transportation devices that I have never tried.

Short of knocking a mounted Atlanta police officer off of their modern-day version of a horse in Centennial Park, I've not had the opportunity to ride a segway.

It is not as easy as it looks. It is all about center of gravity. And bending your knees like you were taught for snow skiing is not the optimal stance. Seems to make you move back and forth like a weeble wobble. I triumphantly climbed aboard, managed to balance, showed off to the other staffer who had not had as easy a time and I quickly jerked backwards like I was falling off of a cliff, causing it's owner to jump forward and grab the handles to steady me. Confidence goes before my fall.

Here is a short video of my experimental ride. I may seem to be going super slow...but, trust me, it felt like 50 m.p.h.

0 Remarks: