Sweet Tweets

Monday, May 21, 2007

Hospital Routines

Its funny - sitting in a hospital room is really the last place you would plan on being, but it's the place you want to be most when someone you care about is in that room. At least, that's how I feel.

Since I just had surgery, I understand completely when the last thing you want is someone seeing you when you are feeling awful and knowing that you probably look worse than you feel...but when you are on the other side, you want to let that person, who is feeling miserable, know that you care and want to be there no matter what they look like or the fact that they really can't interact with you.

Right now, I'm listening to soft breathing sounds, the nurses changing shifts and passing patients over, and one recalcitrant nurse that insists on catching the very end of this season's most exciting ever ending of The Bachelor.

I'm glad that I hardly ever have to go to the hospital. The smells, sights and noises don't disturb me, rather the thought that the hospital is such a normal routine for some families and that their lives are spent in an 8x10 room with monitors, tubes and uncomfortable chairs.

My replacement is coming soon, so I get to go home and sleep in my own bed. He, selflessly, will be sleeping in a chair all night just to be as close as he can to his girlfriend. That's love.

0 Remarks: