Sweet Tweets

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Change of Direction

I am very happy to share some great news...I will be leaving my current job and going on full time staff with Buckhead Church, a campus of Andy Stanley's Northpoint Church.

This decision came after a lot of discussion, prayer and long phone calls with my family. I am extremely excited and can't believe that this is where the Lord is leading me to at this point in my life.

I have always said that I wanted to work at BC, to be a part of what the church is doing, continue to learn from Andy Stanley and the leadership team at all of the Northpoint campuses, and to get to daily be in a dynamic environment like that. A call came out of the blue about this job and I couldn't get it out of my mind. It kept popping up and I called Susanne to tell me more, and that, yes, I did want to throw my hat in the ring after all.

So I am leaving a management position in sales, going into full-time ministry and leaving corporate life behind. And no, I'm not crazy. I'm abundantly blessed.

After I made the decision that I was most definitely taking this position, the joy, genuine excitement and peace that I have been experiencing has been incredible. Last week's sermon couldn't have explained Buckhead church's mission better, and it is a big part of why I'm so excited. Click here to listen to it: The Way Things Never Were.

Northpoint Ministries stated mission is: "to lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. We do so by creating environments where people are encouraged and equipped to pursue intimacy with God, community with insiders, and influence with those outside the faith."

I will be the membership and baptism coordinator for BC - so if you want to join the church or get dunked, give me a call. I can't wait to start - it will be the week that church is opening the doors to our new building.

Hope to see y'all there!

1 Remarks:

Ally said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting.