Sweet Tweets

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Come on Down!!!

I realize that this blog is filled to the brim with stories of my accident-prone ways and embarrassing moments, (and an ongoing death match with every insect that ventures inside my home) but, I figured I would share one more story.

Let's call it "How to Embarrass Yourself in Front of All of Your Coworkers."

How did I do this, you ask? Did I:

- Come to the quarterly sales meeting dressed in a velour jumpsuit instead of biz-caz?
- Track toilet paper from the bathroom by the heel of my shoe?
- Miss my chair completely when I went to sit down?
- Forget the name of the VP of Sales and Marketing (a.k.a. MY BOSS)?

Nope none of this. Yet I did manage to act like an urchin in the slums, deprived of food and shelter and thankful for any piece of money I can get my grubby little fingers on. At the final prize drawing of the day, it was announced that I won a $50 American Express gift card. For some reason, I thought the appropriate response was me emitting a high-pitched squeal/wahooo/yeah! To which the entire sales force responded with shocked silence. For 2 seconds. Then they all burst out in laughter at such an enthusiastic response for a relatively small amount of money. You would have thought that I had just won the all mighty powerball and was being filmed by channel two as I went back to the gas station that I had purchased the winning ticket.

The VP of Sales laughed uncomfortably and said "well come on down then!" I think he was afraid that I was so rabid for the money that I would knock him over to get to the gift card. What can I say? At least I didn't walk back in a room with my skirt tucked in my underwear. Now THAT would be embarrassing.

0 Remarks: