Sweet Tweets

Monday, February 05, 2007

Something new every day

Drug testing is a common practice in the pre-employment process. Evidently what is also common are potential employees trying to "beat the test."

I received a phone call from our medical screening company at the office today. She informed me that a potential candidate's test sample was scoring a perfect 100. Though that would be great in many circles, when you are discussing the temperature of a sample there seems to be a problem.

A big, fat, fake 100-degree problem.

My first thought was that the candidate in question was sick with a temperature. What can I say? I'm gullible. The nurse quickly explained to me it was physically impossible for that to occur. Wow, I learn something new every day.

The question is, what do you have to have on your person that would heat a sample above your natural body temperature? Evidently, if you're desperate enough there is an entire industry devoted to your predicament. Here is a helpful website that I found with little effort.

Now, isn't that a lovely thought to make your day great?

0 Remarks: