Sweet Tweets

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

"I'm Still Kicking"

My Dad's latest email - he is careful not to say too much, but I know he is in extreme pain and discomfort right now. To all of you who have asked about him, shared that you are praying for him and my family, you may never know how much that means to me. I try to keep it light, but it is easy to tear up when I share, so just be forewarned. :) Thank you for your continued prayers, they are powerful.

Hello everyone,
Just wanted to let everyone know that I've completed my treatments and I'm still kicking (and swallowing), but I must admit that the last several days have been very tough. And, surprisingly enough, my doctor told me yesterday that the effects of the radiation will continue to work on my cells for another 30 days. I'm not clear on how that works from a biological standpoint, but I know my body doesn't like it. I'm ready for some healing to take place, and, again, I appreciate all of your prayers.
It will take a couple of months for my throat to heal, then they'll take a look to see if the cancer is gone. The odds are heavily in my favor, so I'm cautiously optimistic. Time will tell. Take care.
Bill

0 Remarks: